Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Around the House


Instead of continuing to clean or getting ready for work, I decided to take a few photographs of items around the house. (Part two will inevitably come the next time I get bored.) Although our house was furnished by someone else, there are many things that clearly scream 'Tara'. I love that at 22 I am able to be surrounded by so many things that I am passionate about. Music, being of the most importance, follows me everywhere -- the majority of my books are music related, the posters around my house, and even most of my shirts are band related. I feel at home when surrounded by Music more than anything else. Yes, even shoes and clothing! 

After running out of bookshelf space I had to invent my own shelving. Most of these books were gifted to me this past Christmas. I love Serious Drawings and Lost&Found. They are great fun and are ultimately coffee table books. The Rock Snob's Dictionary is also great if you're in the mood for some pretentious humor. And of course, most of the books featured above are music related. 
(One of my smaller bookshelves is not pictured). 

A snapshot of my large bookcase. The lowest shelf pictured is primarily video games mixed with a few DVDs/CDs. (Note the wild thing in the top corner. I've had him since I was a child. Even my cat was named after that book...too much fictional influence)

Our record player decked out with the slipmats I made Brendan for Christmas. They feature MSI lyrics and one of their older logos. 

Ignore how dirty the glass looks, I couldn't get a better photo. -- This is frame one of Brendan's MSI gear. Featured inside is a signed iPod by the man himself, Jimmy Urine, and Kitty's drumstick, given to Brendan by MC (A friend of mine back in The Netherlands). 

And frame two. -- When I first was talking to Brendan online I promised him I would get him a signed MSI shirt from Amsterdam when we finally met in person...and here it is! If you look carefully you can see Jimmy's signature above the yellow cars.
(Diablo players -- Look at what's on top of the frame) 




My ever growing collection of baggy band shirts. 

To end it all -- It wouldn't be home for Max and I if he didn't have his brown mouse. This was the toy he was given at his first vet visit nearly seven years ago. I can't believe it's lasted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment